Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Way Back Wendnesday

Welcome to the first edition of Way Back Wednesday. Happy Hump Day y'all.
For the first WBW I should introduce you to Innocent M. More likely than not you'll hear a lot about her on WBWs- she's been my constant partner in crime throughout life, not only because she's one of my best friends, but also because we're related and had no choice.

Firstly, I'd like to give you an idea of how cute and innocent Innocent M and I were when we were Wee Tots:

I didn't block the faces of this picture because a) how f-ing cute are our faces and how could I dare not show you, and b) it's not like I'm pimping out some body's baby on the Internet.

You may notice that Innocent M is chillin' rather care-free while I push her around. Don't let that fool you. As I was busy master-minding stupid shit while we were growing up, she fully participated in each and every thing- at least that's the way I remember it, and honestly, isn't that the only thing that matters?

Innocent M is not innocent. But don't tell her I told you.

When we were about 14 (we're less than a month apart), we found my mom's camera. This was before the digital era, and there was only a picture or two taken on the roll of film. Bored, we decided to have a photo shoot. We put on make-up and did our hair (crazy bangs and all) and sat outside grandma's backyard posing each other all afternoon.

How pissed off was my mom after developing the film- a full roll of 32 pictures and all she gets are shots of either Innocent M or I holding on to the rope swing, glancing down at the daisy in our hand, perched on a wooden fence...you get the gist.

I can't wait to scan the pictures and post a few, because you bet your sweet ass I still have some.

UPDATE: After a bit of a wait, here you go:


Innocent M


Moi


*When a Wednesday comes when I've been drinking for some reason, I'll post a WBW involving faux camping, boys, and being detained by the police.

4 comments:

Winter said...

Freakin' adorable. And while yer mom was probably pissed at the time that the roll of pics was all used... I'm sure in the long run those happy memories pictures are SO much worthwhile than generic shots of landscapes.

Megan said...

I can't believe I still have tons of those pictures too! I still think youe Mom is pissed about the pictures :-) That was a lot of film of STUPID SHIT! How many pictures did we need looking longingly at the ground?!?!

I am pretty sure way back Wednesday will be my fav! I have a few ideas for you....ones that don't include me!!!

XOXO - Innocent M

Megan said...

PS....I will for ever stand by the fact that I did not rat you out when you were detained by the police! I maintained my lie. I will never tell....

Megan said...

I just want to thank you for covering my face in t his picture. As if the cuffed overalls were not enough!