Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Idol Mania

Alright, I admit that I'm on the verge of being an American Idol junkie. I already have a love/hate relationship with television, and stupid AI doesn't help things. Luckily for The Hubby though we have East coast feed on our satellite, so often I watch something at 5o'clock that he would hate to watch later in the evening when he's home. In regards to AI: He may say he doesn't like it, but he watches every time it's on.

So now AI is on to the top thirteen. Supposedly tonight they will be announcing some change in the show that will shake things up. Riiight...

I thought about looking on-line for everyones name and recaps of their performances, but really, if I didn't remember them without it, it was probably for a reason.

  • Lil Rounds not only has a cool name, but the biggest badunkadunk on the show. She can wail, but should listen to Simone when he tells her her outfit is horrible. (Why don't people listen to him? He's always right...)
  • Blind Guy is is fine, reminds me of high school choir, in that he can carry a tune but isn't very good. I admire that he plays the piano since I can only do the first measure of The Water is Wide with my right hand. I think he'll get sympathy votes.
  • Guy Whose Wife Died rocks. I can't remember his name, but aside from his way too white dance moves I really like his voice and song choice. I think he'll go far.
  • Blue Collar Guy is going to get votes because he's a sensitive middle class guy who sang a slow song. To his credit he did do a pretty good job. But I was bored and changed the channel.
  • Other Black Chick made me feel like I was watching a pageant. Bor-ing.
  • Anoop-Dog is somebody that I really liked in the beginning. Total intellectual Indian dude (dot not feather) that has a masters, and for fucks sake he sang "My Prerogative" twice. I'm going to cheer for anyone who does that. But really...he sang "Bad". I have to go with the judges and say that was a "bad" move. Almost makes me sad for the guy.
  • Megan is awesome. I cannot really condone her awkward moves on stage, or her little weird shuffle thing that she does. Or her bad shoes. But her voice is quirky and amazing and I keep thinking back to the first song she did during auditions and how blown away I was at the difficulty of it. I hope she goes back to something like that. Besides that, a chick with a sleeve is hot. Not really bring-home-to-mom-hot, but hot.
  • Chris (I think is his name), for some reason I want to punch him, and I'm nowhere near a violent person. His look is SO manufactured that I don't even know what to call it. Alternative? Punk? Displaced San Diego Pretty Boy Look? The judges raved about his performance, and I was so annoyed that I changed the station. At least he doesn't come off like an egotistical ass. Yet.
  • Jazz-Guy taught himself how to play the piano, and is one of those dueling pianists. Hot. He's a Robin Thick, Justin Timberlake-ish guy, and is the front runner for me. His song rocked, his voice rocked, his piano playing rocked. Enough said.
  • Little Blond Girl had a great ending to the show. I don't think the judges gave her enough credit. The last note sucked, but I think she rocked the song, even though it was a Michael Jackson song I've never heard of before.

I'm obviously missing a few people, but I think that if I've forgotten them then so has the rest of American- Oh, wait-

  • Puerto Rico Guy- Weird. Somebody fix his eyebrows please.

OK. I have a few hours to wait, so I might as well through the Chicken Pot Pie in the oven.

3 comments:

Chris Wilson said...

I'm not much of an Idol guy. I'm much more into Ultimate Fighter so if Puerto Rican guy wants to ground and pound Jazz Guy, I'm there.

Jay Ferris said...

On the verge? Sounds like your balls deep in that show already. Or, you know, whatever the female equivalent of that is.

Anonymous said...

Big A here.......you are way behind on your Idol update! Just saying!!!

Love you!