Not only do I love beef, but my favorite fish tend to be the ones you shouldn't eat more than once or twice a month due to stupid mercury levels. That being said, I realize that salmon is one of the best fish to eat (omega3-blah-blah-blah), but I really really hate that fish. Because it's so good for you though, I keep my eye open for recipes that look like they may mask the taste pretty well.
Salmon in lemon brodetto with pea puree.
Why I would pick this I have no idea. Not only do I not care for salmon, but I hate peas with a passion- they actually activate my gag reflex (which caused me to almost puke on my grandma when I was little).
When I told Innocent M about it she immediately said she would leave the mint out of the recipe, but I figure that since I'm making a dish that already has things I don't like in it, I might as well include the ingredient that makes me think of delicious adult beverages too. 

Interesting, isn't it? It was at this point that I realized that you don't cook it. Or heat it up. Huh. So raw peas. Riiiight. The brodetto was easy, and when I tasted it it was on the lemony side, but after trying the two separately you could tell that they would marry well. As seen here before the salmon was on top: 
It was a recipe for four, so not only were our salmon fillets too big, and I added too much brodetto to each bowl, but the puree was a little on the not-so-stiff side. I'm not sure if this is due to the change in cheese, or if I pureed it too long. 
The salmon made the puree smoosh into the brodetto, which irritated me since I was trying o get a pretty picture, but when we tried it- yeah, amazing. Not only did is not have a huge salmon taste, but the peas didn't taste like peas, and you couldn't even tell there was a crap-load of mint in there. I would probably tweak a few things, but nothing much- and I am definitely cooking this for guests at some point or another.
Now I just have to get a delicious wine to pair with it.
4 comments:
I find that salmon tastes best when other people are eating it and I'm eating steak.
Amen Chris.
This would clash with the majority of the food I eat, as it isn't breaded, fried, and served with a side of ranch. Still, the fish looks good.
I like salmon. So you should cook some for me.
Post a Comment