Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Off With Your Knickers!!

My college girlfriends and I used to joke that we could never start off anything by saying "We're going to have so much fun!", because we were likely to jinx ourselves. Sure you may know you'll have a good time, but one of the things that makes the best memories is when you have an awesome time unplanned. Expectations kill things most of the time- and expectations are a whole other blog.

The party Saturday Night was awesome. I didn't get any pictures- A, because only 4 pre-designated cameras are allowed, and B, I was behind the bar most of the night. We had approximately 600 people come through with an open bar and great music inside, band on the stage outside. There were very few issues, and with the exception of Chatter being slapped by some breezy, everyone had a great time from what I could tell. We even had a few people walk up to us the next day and thank us for the party. Yeah- my Archery family ROCKS.

I must say though that my favorite memory of the weekend was silly, unplanned, and we were tired, hot, and totally sober. I'll have to add some pictures later- which of course wont make total sense, because I don't care to share the whole story and the Cliff's Notes version would make it sound completely different than what it was...Although that may be kind of funny...Okay, here:


*Cliff's Notes*


Afternoon On A Hill






BigA: OMG I'm so tired and it's so hot out.


Me: Me too. Oooh- let's take out bloomers off!


BigA: Why didn't we think of that before!


Both: AAAAahhhhhhhh...



BigA: I wish we had a blanked.


Me: Me too.


BigA: Or a mattress.


Me: A futon.


Both: OOhhh a fuuutoon.


Chatter: Hey guys!


BigA: Do you have a futon?


Chatter: Yeah.


BigA: Can you bring it up here so we can lay on it?


Chatter: Are you both going to take your panties off?


Me: Are you going to bring your futon up here so we can lay on it?


Chatter: Take your panties off.

We get our futon.


*Fin*


Yeah, I know, great story. The only thing I kick myself in hindsight for is that we didn't trade our panties (which were both polka-dots, btw) for his futon earlier in the afternoon.


*Sigh* Back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you. For some reason the weekend went by too fast with not enough play time or pictures.

That time on the hill was the best. Can't wait to not have a lot of fun next weekend.

Off with your panties!!! UTAZ!

A=)