Another weekend gone by- and none of it spent cleaning my house. Really, the place is a mess. Of course since I'm a neat freak a crazy gross mess to me is easily overlooked by most. How I can work at Faire and come home with unwashed hair and dirty feet but still not be able to tolerate dirty clothes strewn about my bedroom and anything old in the fridge is beyond me. I wash my hands 80 times a day and dust like it's going out of style. In my house everything has a place, and there's really no reason for it to be elsewhere.
Our neighbors have commented many times about how clean our house always is, and I sometimes I get the feeling that that they may think I care if they invite us over and their house is unkempt. They even said we could stay at their house to watch their dogs on Thursday so they don't mess up anything of ours. Really, they only live right next door. It makes me think I come off more anal retentive than I really am.
Am I anal retentive?
I am over-organized, yes. I keep everything clean, and apologise if you show up and I think it's not, but I honestly don't mind a mess. I don't care if something is spilled on the carpet or if my crystal gets broken. What's the point of having it if I'm not going to use it? And it's not like I iron T-Shirts and sheets, or scrub anything with a toothbrush (cleaning grout doesn't count, of course. How else is it going to come clean?). You bet your ass I'll randomly spot clean everything with my trusty Simple Green though.
Now that I'm thinking of it, Boobs was laughing at me yesterday because I folded everything in my tent and organized it all before I left, just so I can come back Friday night and unpack it all again for the weekend. Why? *Sigh* Why not? At least I'm not bringing a little hand-held vacuum out there- that would be anal retentive.
No comments:
Post a Comment